Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dancing with God's Power

Hi. First blog entries are always weird, so let me just jump right in.

Here's what's going on with me: I've been immersed in writing my novel over the past month and have sent it out to a few select readers. I'm really excited about this venture. "The Pawn" won't be released until next fall, but already I'm excited to start working on the next Patrick Bowers thriller. Also, I'm doing radio interviews for "Sailing Between the Stars" which was released last month. It's my best work to date so if you're new to my writing, you it's a good place to start.

A quick note - I noticed this verse in Colossians 1:29. Here it is: "I work very hard at this, [telling people about Christ], as I depend on Christ's mighty power that works within me."

I like that Paul works hard and so does God. Paul doesn't bow out and say, "Huh, well, it's all up to God so what's the point of trying?" And he doesn't try to take on more than a human can chew either. He leans hard on God while throwing all of himself into it. That seems like the right approach to me, because typically I tend to do one or the other.

So today, I'm going to be leaning and striving, depending and working, relying and sweating. Dancing with God's power in my life.

3 comments:

Eric McCarty said...

Great to see you last night at the DRG banquet. Nice threads, hombre. I'm ordering my copy of Sailing today. Oh, I have two chapters done on my own novel. Will Baker sign a deal based on two chapters from a wedding photographer? :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world. :) I have appreciated your impact on children's ministry over the years. I have attended a few of your workshops, always learning something new each time. Thanks for being on the frontlines of creativity so that people like me can see new possibilities for ministry and writing.

Blessings,

Glen Woods

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve:

I can't wait to read The Pawn--having heard fabulous things about it from people here at Baker/Revell.

BTW, to all readers, Sailing Between the Stars is a beautiful, moving tribute to the mystery of our faith. You'll want to read it again and again. One comment I overheard: "It makes me feel like I can actually do this (the Christian life)."