Sunday, January 21, 2007

First Peek at "The Pawn"

Hey everyone. Exciting news! I just had to share this.

For years I've had this idea of writing a thriller that explores the interplay of good and evil in the human heart. Something intense, unsettling and downright scary. My favorite reads tend to be high-octane, adrenaline-laced stories. So, I decided it was time to write one.

Well, it's finally coming together. The Pawn is scheduled for a September 2007 release from Revell Publishing. This is the first in a series of three books featuring FBI criminologist Patrick Bowers. So today, rather than sharing any deep (or maybe not so deep) spiritual musings, I thought I'd just share my good news. Here's a look at the cover artwork, fresh from my publishers. You, my faithful readers, get the first peek.

I'd love to hear your responses—good or bad. What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know. If you don't like it, this is the time to speak up!

You've all been so encouraging and supportive over the years as I've written educational and inspirational books. I can't wait to introduce you to my alter-ego as a thriller writer.

3 comments:

C.J. Darlington said...

Hey, looks like a great book. I'll be watching for it!

Belinda said...

Hey, Steven,
I think your book jacket looks great. It's simple enough...like a door just barely cracked open, enticing, inviting, to just take a peek. And then...

Thankfully, you didn't use background music to warn us of the drama inside!

A friend and fan,
Belinda
www.belindahowardsmith.com

Anonymous said...

Well, my real name is Patrick A. Bowers, and after a google search of my name, i found your book. I look forward to its release and will be eager to read it.